Log #2

LOG # 2. Does this story or its characters remind you of another story you have read? Does it remind you of a movie? How are they alike? And how are they different?

This book is unlike any other I've read, at least so far. Initially I thought of the movie The Patriot starring Mel Gibson, even though that movie was based around the American Revolution in the late 1700s. As I read further, the similarities have begun to lessen. What is somewhat similar is the fact that in the movie, as in this book, there is initial disapproval of the son's choice to enlist in the military. Unfortunately, I don't find much else that is "alike" any of the books I've read or other movies I've seen.

Therefore, there are many differences. Although The Patriot was about the American Revolution, it actually seemed more modernized, if you will, than The Red Badge of Courage; especially in the "interesting" way the characters speech is written by the author.

No comments: