Log #6 - Identify

LOG # 6. Sometimes we are pulled toward one or two characters in the story. We identify with them or feel sympathy for them. With which characters do you identify in the book, and why do you believe you identify with them?

It is easy to identify with the main character of Henry because he is a young man who is both brave and nervous about going into his first battle. I identify with those feelings when I compare that to how I felt prior to playing my first freshman football game. While football cannot nearly be compared to the dangers of the battlefield, it is very easy to imagine feeling the same way if I was preparing for the real fight for life and death on the battlefield.

I'm sure anyone who hasn't played football would wonder how I could compare the reality of death in war to the possibility of being hurt in football (not maimed). I believe the feelings of anxiousness and nervousness; being brave and feeling fear all at the same time are comparable.

No comments: