Log #9

LOG # 9. If you could ask any character a question, what would you ask? If you could ask the author a question, what might that be? Explain why you chose these questions.

I would ask the main character, Henry, what his reason or reasons were for joining the army. I didn't get a true sense of that in the beginning of the book.

I would ask the author what possessed him to tell this story; was it in any way autobiographical? Did the story come from tales he was told by a family member or friend? These are curious questions because of the complex and detailed way in which the story is written. I admit that even though I would ask these questions and would be genuinely curious about the answers, I am not the biggest fan of trying to interpret the old English slang and speech.


Other than the main character, Henry, and the author - I would not have any questions of anyone else.

No comments: